Governor Easley signed House Bill 2437 tonight, Continuing Budget Authority, which extends through July 15, 2008 a number of programs that had just been funded for the first year of the 2007-2009 biennium, including federal block grants.
Jack Betts notes that archived audio of daily 2008 House and Senate sessions of the North Carolina General Assembly is now available at voterradio.com. There is both a playlist to listen to the archives via streaming audio, and the opportunity to download specific daily floor sessions.
Live audio of both chambers, the Finance and Appropriations committee rooms, and the Press Conference room is available on the legislative website.
As the 2008 Regular Session of the North Carolina General speeds up, there are a few bill tracking features on our website I’d like to point out:
2) Public bills signed by the Governor covering both years, in order by bill number. (covers both years)
3) Bills acted on in the 2008 short session.
4) Bills pending on the Governor’s desk.
5) Bills scheduled to be ratified (they have passed all parliamentary stages except signature by the presiding officers in the House and Senate). Ratification is the step before public bills go to the Governor or local bills become law.
Most of these reports are current within a day, but some actions Thursday evening and Friday (and the weekend, too) by the Governor are often not shown until Monday afternoon.
There also lots of other reports available on our bill reports page.
We have a webpage keeping up with what is pending on the Governor Easley’s desk, you can find it here:
to find bills that have become law in 2008 you can go here:
This is the version of the North Carolina FY 2008-2009 budget that will be on the Senate floor Wednesday, June 18, 2008, along with the committee report explaining it:
New – Bill Text – Committee Substitute for House Bill 2436, Modify Appropriations Act of 2007, Sixth edition, as approved by Senate Appropriations, Finance, and Pensions & Retirement Committees, including adopted amendments, June 17, 2008
New – Report – Senate Appropriations Committee Report on the Continuation, Expansion and Capital Budgets for Proposed Senate Committee Substitute for House Bill 2436, Modify Appropriations Act of 2007 — June 17, 2008 (PDF Document 588 KB)
- New – 2008 Budget (House Bill 2436 Bill Status History)
- New – Bill Text – House Bill 2436, Fourth Edition Engrossed June 5, 2008, incorporates House floor amendments adopted June 4, and June 5, 2008 (PDF Document 747 KB)
- New – Report – House Appropriations Committee Report on the Continuation, Expansion, and Capital Budgets for House Bill 2436, 4th Edition, Modify Appropriations Act of 2007 — June 5, 2008 (PDF Document 675 KB) (committee report modified to show floor action)