( NOTE: Stats you will see when following the links below may differ as the session continues. Bills includes bill, joints resolutions, and resolutions.)
So far in the 2007 Regular Session of the North Carolina General Assembly, as of 7:00 pm Thursday, August 2, 2007:
- 401 bills have made it all the way through the process, with 337 laws enacted and 64 joint resolutions ratified
- 161 bills are on the Governor’s desk
- 12 bills are being ratified Thursday.
- There are 7 bills in conference committee.
- The House has passed 270 Senate bills, while the Senate has passed 355 House bills, for a total of 625 bills that have passed both houses (many of those bills have moved on to categories 1-4 above, but some are pending concurrence votes)
- The House has passed 499House bills while the Senate has passed 368 Senate bills, for a total of 867 bills that have passed at least one house. (many of those bills have moved on to categories 1-5 above)
- 3644 bills were filed, 2072 House bills and 1572 Senate bills..
Until adjournment of the session, the Governor has 10 days to sign public bills, with day one being the day after the bill is delivered, and the deadline at midnight at the end of day 10. If the session adjourns on Thursday, August 2, 2007, the Governor has 30 days after adjournment to act on bills. That 30-day period would conclude at midnight, Saturday, September 1, 2007. If a bill had been sent to the Governor before adjournment, but the 10 days had not concluded, that bill is subject to a new 30-day clock.