Yes, I know I haven’t posted anything for three weeks — I’ve been busy with stuff like:
- Spent September 28-30 in Blacksburg watching the Heels get demolished by the Hokies
- October is Performance Appraisal Month at work, I’ve prepared for and done ten staff appraisals and have five more to do.
- Attended two meetings of the Special Transit Advisory Committee out at RDU Airport, another meeting is upcoming October 31.
- Attended the American Public Transportation Assocation annual meeting in Charlotte October 7-10. Got to ride Charlotte’s new South Line Light Rail that will debut service in late November. Quite impressive.
- Monday, October 22, I’ll be at the Southeast High Speed Rail conference in Raleigh.
This is one of the low points of the two year cycle of bill drafting requests, so I’m trying to get ahead on some major issues upcoming the next two years.